Clinic and Research Nurse
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $91,644 + 17% superannuation
- 29 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed term opportunity for 2 years
- Assist the Clinical and Research Facilities Manager to maintain the clinical and research environment as a Clinical and Research Nurse
- Base Salary starting at $91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Clinic and Research Nurse assists in providing high quality support for Research and Clinical activities conducted in the Susan Wakil Health Building. The focus of the role is to enhance student experience, maintain patient and participant safety, work in a clinical capacity as required and assist with administrative tasks.
This position will assist the Clinical and Research Facilities Manager maintain the clinical and research environment of level 5 and 9 in alignment with the Health Clinics and Clinicals Services Policy, supporting good clinical practice and WHS standards aligned to the university WHS policy.
As a nurse in this role, you will work collaboratively with the Mask Fit Testing Coordinator to deliver mask fit testing for staff and students in addition to providing nursing support to clinics and research conducted in the area.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- maintain a consistent standard of care within relevant education, research, and clinical activities
- contribute to the management and escalation of patient care needs during medical emergencies
- proactive problem solving and escalation of issues to their supervisor and or researchers where required.
- a current APHRA Registered Nurse with supporting qualifications
- a background in an acute clinical work environment with recency of practice
- experience with developing and working to protocols relevant to standard care, and /or clinical research and specific research studies
- knowledge of patient management, electronic medical record systems and electronic data capture systems.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Ajaypal Singh, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 16 April 2023 11:59 PM