Senior Lecturer in Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
- FLINDERS UNIVERSITY
- Adelaide, Australia
- Academic Level C | $124,843-$142,764 p.a.
- 29 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Continuing| Full-Time (Part-Time Available)
- Academic Level C | $124,843-$142,764 p.a.
- Location: Bedford Park
- View Position Description
About the College of Nursing and Health Sciences
At the College of Nursing and Health Sciences, we aim to be an innovator in contemporary education producing a safer and more resilient health and social care workforce. Our mission is to improve lives and empower communities, enabling better health and caring in the world through an exceptional student learning experience. At the College, our research mission is about co-creating new knowledge which promotes wellbeing, and better care and support, to individuals and communities across the lifespan. We work proactively with industry partners and professional bodies leading to more employable and innovative graduates.
About the Role
If you are an Endorsed Nurse Practitioner with contemporary industry experience, and a distinguished reputation in teaching excellence at a tertiary level, this is your opportunity to advance your career at the top with Flinders University – ranked No.1 in South Australia for Nursing.
As the Senior Lecturer in Nursing (Clinical/Practitioner), you will provide leadership in teaching and learning across the suite of Nursing topics for the College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Specifically, you will contribute to advancing the vision of the Masters of Nurse Practitioner program to develop a world class program that is internationally recognised for its significant impact to education, practice, and research.
You will also draw upon your senior roles in clinical practice to develop industry partnerships for work integrated learning, deliver innovative placement models, provide contemporary and high-quality placement education, both through clinical skills training, simulation, and service provision. You will be expected to make a leadership contribution to high-quality university, professional and community service, which may extend from a local level to national or international.
You will be an Endorsed Nurse Practitioner with extensive contemporary experience in Nursing, and a strong track record of teaching excellence at a tertiary level. With your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, you will maintain strong relationships with diverse staff, students, and industry stakeholders. Your natural ability to collaborate and engage with relevant external professional domains will develop productive partnerships that can provide opportunities for students and promote graduate employability. Your keen attention to detail will allow you to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines while always demonstrating a commitment to high quality service delivery.
To be successful in this position, you will also have:
- A Doctorate in a relevant field or equivalent clinical experience and standing in Nursing.
- Qualifications and significant contemporary clinical practice experience as an Endorsed Nurse Practitioner.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Nurse.
- A current membership with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Relevant and extensive contemporary clinical experience in Nursing, inclusive of simulation and/or clinical setting.
Life at Flinders
We're transforming and investing in people and facilities to create contemporary, stimulating, and satisfying learning and work environments that reflect our core values of excellence, innovation, courage, and integrity. Flinders is refocusing its strategic priorities with the aim of elevating its performance to be a top ten Australian university, and amongst the top 1% in the world.
Reaching beyond the limits of buildings, borders, and backgrounds, ours is an inclusive culture that believes absolutely in equality and opportunity for all. We don't just accommodate differences; we embrace and celebrate them. So, why work at Flinders?
- 17% Superannuation + salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wide range of professional development activities and services
- We embrace diversity and promote equity and inclusion for all students and staff
- Vibrant campus life and amenities including on campus health care services, gym and childcare centre (Bedford Park, South Australia).
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
- A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
- Please note that you may be required to provide evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, in line with the Flinders University COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
How to Apply and Information
- You are required to submit Suitability Statement of no more than 3 pages, addressing the Key Position Capabilities of the position description.
- For more information regarding this position, please contact Professor Michelle Miller.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications to be submitted before 10.00pm:
23 Apr 2023
At Flinders we embrace and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and people of all ages, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.