- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- PA1 2BE, Paisley
- Grade 3: £22,630 to £25,285 per annum
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 12 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative, Student Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
REQ002043 - Facilities Administrator
Internally, this role is known as Residence Co-ordinator
The Post – Facilities Administrator (Residence Co-ordinator)
The Residence Team within Campus Services provide accommodation to almost 700 students per term as well as managing a host of commercial summer business. The post holder will assist the Residence Services Manager, Paisley Campus in the day to day provision of activities to ensure that residents are afforded the best possible service in a safe, welcoming, supportive and pleasant environment which facilitates academic and personal development.
The post holder must maintain and develop the various records and systems to ensure ease of accessibility. The role will require an awareness and understanding of expenditure forecasting and co-ordinate summer school activity with ongoing student residential activity and the post holder will be required to become familiar with relevant HMO legislation.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Relevant practical experience in an administrative or business related discipline.
- Experience of working within a customer driven focused environment is essential
- Experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders and cross functional departmental communication
- Demonstrable experience of general office administration practices Experience of working in the University Accommodation, lettings or hospitality sector is desirable
You will be an effective communicator at all levels and abilities within the university and will be able to demonstrate excellent customer-facing and customer care skills. You will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and an ability to understand and interpret financial information and management data. The ability to handle competing priorities and prioritise workload to produce positive commercial results is required as is the ability to negotiate and influence, with ‘can do’ attitude.
The working pattern for this post is Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 1700 and is an office-based role.
As part of the interview process, a member of the Residence Team will provide a tour through Campus Services allowing you to assess the working environment.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th April 2023
Interview Date: Wednesday 19th April 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.