Research Fellow (IDS-Cisco 1)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking for a Research Fellow who will be responsible for undertaking in-depth research and innovation in machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence on natural language processing for information extraction and knowledge discovery that lead to publications in top-tier international conferences and journals, as well as real-world implementations.
- Develop new concepts and algorithms in data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence for natural language processing with a focus on knowledge-graph approaches to address the data integrity issues, information extraction from user conversation data and dialog tree generation;
- Be up-to-date on state-of-the-art methodologies in related technical fields and application domains;
- Develop ideas for application of research outcomes;
- Contribute to knowledge exchange activities with external partners and collaborators
- A PhD in Computer Science, with specialization related to natural language processing, machine learning, data mining, artificial intelligence or databases;
- Proven ability to conduct independent research with a strong and relevant publication record;
- Prior experience in knowledge graphs, information extraction, dialog tree generation and knowledge discovery using state-of-the-art NLP approaches.
- Experience with deep learning-based information retrieval, and/or deep generative natural language approaches for conversation AI would be a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.