Research Assistant (Nuclear Policy Research)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Politics & International Studies, Sociology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Singapore Nuclear Research and Safety Initiative (SNRSI), a research institute within the National University of Singapore, is fully funded by the government and is tasked with building national capabilities in nuclear safety. The Nuclear Policy Research Group (NPRG) within SNRSI aims to bridge the gap between technical research and nuclear policy by exploring research in areas such as nuclear governance, safety, security, safeguards, and public perception.
We are seeking a Research Assistant to participate in and support research projects in the NPRG.
- Implement research plans and participate in research projects.
- Gather and analyze a broad range of information as necessary for the projects and to contribute to the Group’s information collection activities.
- Research specific topics in research projects, analyze technical and policy options, develop recommendations relevant to nuclear policy.
- Prepare reports or documents as needed for internal use or external distribution, to present research results.
- Interact with other researchers and with partners, including government officials and other subject matter experts, in the research process and with research sponsors in communicating results.
- Participate in external events relevant to nuclear policy, contribute to the preparation of events organized by SNRSI.
- Minimally a good Bachelor's degree in public policy, political science, social science or related field.
- A complementary degree or experience related to a scientific and technical field would be a definite advantage.
- Understanding and knowledge of policy issues associated with the use of technology in society and how it is controlled.
- In particular, understanding of the broad issues associated with energy, especially nuclear energy, such as: industry, economics, risks and benefits, climate change, political and societal issues, governance and public policy.
- Awareness and understanding of topics in nuclear science and engineering would be a definite advantage, such as: nuclear technology, effects of radiation and radiation protection, relevant environmental science, nuclear safety.
- Some experience or a demonstrated interest in the specific topics listed above would be a definite advantage.
- Experience should preferably result from research work or participation in governmental or intergovernmental work e.g., in a national administration, a national technical agency, or an international body.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: S'pore Nuclear Rsch & Safety Initiative
Department : Nuclear Policy Research Team
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18597