Research Fellow ( Bioelectronics and Neurotechnology)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Engineering & Technology, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Life sciences, Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The laboratory of Assistant Professor (Presidential Young Professorship) Liu Yuxin in the Biomedical Engineering Department at National University of Singapore seeks postdoctoral fellows with strong enthusiasm and interest in flexible electronics, bioelectronics, neurotechnology, brain-machine-interface research.
Biological systems are typically soft and highly dynamic with cellular growth and functional self-renewal, while conventional implantable electronics are rigid and unable to intelligently accommodate a complex biological microenvironment, leading to the enormous functional and biomechanical gap at the bio-electronics interface. Through electronic material development and nano/microfabrication innovation, we will develop next-generation polymeric electronic materials and microelectronics that mimic the properties of biological tissue, autonomously respond to rapid cellular growth, while providing chronic and high-bandwidth neural-machine communication at single-cell precision. Together with a team of experienced clinicians and biologists, we will also develop precision electronic medicine (using “electron” rather than “molecules” as therapy) that can treat chronic diseases, particularly autoimmune diseases via targeted and personalized neuromodulation.
More information on is available at https://www.lab-liu.com/ and https://cde.nus.edu.sg/bme/staff/dr-liu-yuxin/
- Possess a PhD in Neural Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Flexible Electronics, Material Science and Engineering or related fields .
- A strong interest in bioelectronics, neural engineering, flexible electronics and brain-machine interface. Scientific curiosity and motivation to perform scientifically rigorous experimental work.
- Excellence in conducting independent research with great critical thinking and experimental design. Interested in working in a multidisciplinary team and leading a multidisciplinary project.
- Strong technical understanding of bioelectronics, neural engineering and flexible electronics. Good understanding of basic clinical principles and mechanisms of the nervous system.
- Research experience in nano/microfabrication in clean room, especially microfabrication of polymeric electronic devices is advantageous.
- Research experience with animal or cell culture is advantageous.
- Strong written and spoken communication.
- Open to fixed-term contract.
Interested candidates are invited to apply via the NUS career site. Please include a detailed CV, a 5-slide presentation that summarizes your previous research accomplishments, together with four referee contacts.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18609