Associate Professor (Health Economics and Outcomes Research)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore – which is the top ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-time Practice Track faculty staff at the Associate Professor or Professor ranks for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH).The Practice Track is a non-tenurable track, open to scholar-practitioners with professional skills and expertise in industry to complement the existing teaching and research expertise of the University. At first and subsequent reappointment, the contract offered may range from 1 to 5 years.
New faculty members may be eligible for subsidised university accommodation, in addition to an attractive salary and benefits package.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to education, faculty development, and service, and complement the research efforts of the Faculty/School where appropriate. In particular, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute significantly to the School’s Master programme and public health practice-related research collaborations with the Ministry of Health Singapore and other stakeholders in Singapore’s health system. They are also expected to contribute significantly to the outreach activities of the School. These include executive education and collaboration with relevant institutions which will enhance the reputation of the Faculty/School.
Researchers active in one or more of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Economic evaluation of public health interventions and/or health technologies;
- Comparative effectiveness analysis including systematic review, meta-analysis, and analysis of real-world evidence;
- Economic theories to support healthcare resource allocation or priority setting.
- At least 6 or more years’ of practice experience at a senior level in a managerial, professional or specialist role with demonstrated leadership in the profession;
- Track record of leading and completing high-impact public health-practice related projects;
- Ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding;
- Ability to teach public health courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Administrative leadership and teaching in the Master programme;
- Graduate student advising;
- Contributing to policy/community development in the field of public health;
- Establishing an independent research agenda through extramural funding.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your research and/or teaching interests and experience, your curriculum vitae, names and contact details of 3 references.
For more information on NUS please visit: www.nus.edu.sg. For more information about the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health please visit www.sph.nus.edu.sg.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.