Research Fellow (Microfluidics, iHealthtech)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Other Health & Social Care, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are seeking a Research Fellow with interest and expertise in microfluidics and immunology.
The candidate will be responsible for designing microfluidic platform for immune cell sorting and directed evolution. The candidate will also need to independently design and execute experiments, troubleshoot issues, interpret results, and give project updates.
We provide a highly competitive remuneration package that commensurates with the qualifications and relevant experience of the successful candidate. The candidate will also be fully supported in their career development in different areas like research, industry, consulting, and education.
- Applicants should possess a PhD in engineering or natural sciences from a well-recognized university or research institute.
- Experience with microfluidics, micro-fabrication and cell culture will be preferred.
- Good publication records in peer-reviewed journals with at least 2 first-author papers in reputable journals.
- Able to undertake independent research and be an effective team player.
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Committed, able to work flexible hours and within the deadline.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply, please send your CV and contact details of two referees to Dr Andy Tay (email@example.com) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates can visit the lab website andytaykp.com to get more information.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Inst for Health Innovation & Technology
Department : Inst for Health Innovation & Technology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17962