Research Fellow, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 27 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Able to work independently on any given project, from planning and executing experiments, data analysis, to the writing and submission of manuscripts.
- Attendance and presentation at local and international conferences.
- Undertake the day-to-day running of the research projects.
- Preparation and submission for local and international competitive grants on behalf of PI
- Management of ongoing grants such as submission of annual reports, consumables purchasing, grant virements and EOM matters.
- Preparation and submission of ethics documentation to DSRB for new and ongoing research projects. Administrative duties also include communication with IRB regarding amendment of IFUs, ethics renewal and HBRA related issues.
- Able to oversee the safety and health management of the laboratory members in the team - generating SOPs and RAs
- Managing and mentorship of junior staff members to be able to think critically, perform literature reviews, plan experiments, analyse and present data
- Familiar with laboratory safety audits
- Familiar with application and submission of ethics documents
- Able to oversee and manage research projects and collaborations
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record-keeping in accordance with institutional policies and procedures
- Minimum of PhD in biomedical field – strong preference for candidates with a genetic and genomic background
- Post-doctoral training of minimum 5 years - strong preference for candidates with genetic and genomic background or field
- Background in single-cell isolation and single-cell sequencing would be an added advantage
- A strong publication track record would be an added advantage
Skills and Knowledge
- Fluent in English, conversational and written
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with EndNote, MS word, SPSS software
- Ability to lead a research team
- Excellent ICT skills
- Adaptive and flexible with a positive outlook on managing research projects and resources
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13243