Associate Director (Mechanical and Electrical Engineering)
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 19 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Associate Director (M&E), Campus Development, reports to the Director, Campus Development, and is responsible for mechanical & electrical (M&E) engineering works and smart building solutions related to the development of a new flagship campus and two satellite sites. The scope of works includes consolidating and centralising the monitoring and management of of SUSS’ operations to the new flagship campus. SUSS’s focus on community and industry integration themed with unique urban and architectural design will set the campus apart from other local tertiary institutions. The SUSS Flagship Campus development near Singapore’s most iconic shopping belt located in the centre of Singapore will allow SUSS the opportunity to grow to a higher level.
- Responsible for M&E Engineering and Smart Building Solution aspects of building, fit-out and infrastructure projects which will encompass conducting feasibility studies, budgeting, funding approval, design, project programming, procurement, regulatory compliance, design review and quality assurance.
- Propose conceptual design for development projects with input from stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders and obtain their requirements and needs for incorporation into project brief.
- Evaluate and advise on appropriate M&E engineering design to meet the project objectives, requirements and budget.
- Review, challenge and value-add on the designs/specification/drawings submitted by consultants and contractors to achieve quality, compliance and value for money. Manage and review M&E engineering consultants’ designs according to specifications and code requirements.
- Attend consultant and site meetings with the Project Team and to carry out inspections on site to ensure that the M&E works carried out by the builder to meet the desired quality/workmanship and are completed on time and within budget.
- Manage external/outsourced resources (consultants and site supervisory staff) to execute the projects.
- A recognised Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and/or relevant Master’s Degree from a recognised University with at least 10 years of relevant working experience as an Mechanical/Electrical Engineer/Manager or Project Manager preferably in public/developer organisations or consulting firms.
- Registered Professional Engineer is an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in the planning, design and implementation of large scale development projects and smart building solutions.
- Working experience and knowledge of Government policies; functions and requirements of key Agencies and the regulatory framework for development projects.
- Strong in people management, good writing, communication and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and yet capable of macro analysis with good acumen in management and resolution of technical issues and challenges.
- Technically competent in various software programmes such as Microsoft project, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.