Senior Lecturer - Medical Sciences
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
- $138,645 + 17% superannuation
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 25 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed term until December 2026
- Great opportunity to develop your research and teaching portfolio
- Base Salary from $138,645 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Medical Sciences is recognised as one of the leading centres for medical science education in the world. With over 100 years of excellence in education, the school teaches into a broad range of courses including, medical science, applied science, nursing, physiotherapy, medicine and dentistry. Our team of researchers lead key internationally competitive research from molecules to medicines, from patient to policy across a range of therapeutic areas.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer position.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- make independent, original and innovative contributions to research and education which expand knowledge or practice in the discipline
- coordinate and engage in high-quality teaching and learning experiences which meet the University's expectations and standards for education
- make a significant and holistic contribution to the research, education and administrative activities of the School/ Faculty (at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level)
- contribute to governance within the School/ Faculty/ University (e.g. through participating on committees, membership of Academic Board or administrative roles in centers or institutes)
- contribute to creating a positive workplace culture in which diversity of thought, contribution, collaboration, excellence and achieving outcomes are valued and enabled.
- Doctorate or PhD in the field of medical sciences
- acknowledged at a national level as influential in expanding knowledge within medical sciences and/or in pedagogical or curriculum innovation
- an understanding of and ability to support an academic endeavour from curriculum design to producing leading research and providing a student enabling environment.
- significant experience in supervising others and coordinating team activities
- broad experience in teaching and learning, as evidenced by leading team teaching within an established program and experience in teaching in a variety of settings
- a developing knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in the higher education sector
- established network of relationships with key academic, industry and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders that can be leveraged to enhance the standing of the discipline, School/ Faculty and University
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cherie Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mariana Yousif at email@example.com
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 25 April 2023 11:59 PM