- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $91,644 + 17% superannuation
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management, Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time, continuing positions
- Showcase your administrative and organisational skills in providing effective executive support to the Directors
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Executive Assistant will report into the Senior Administration Officer for Central Operations Services (COS), and work efficiently as part of a team to provide executive support to the Directors of COS in a timely and effective manner, ensuring the specific needs and day to day requirements of the office are managed in a highly efficient and effective manner. As the first point of contact representing two of the Directors, this role requires administrative and organisational skills in order to manage a high volume of activity as well as client service skills, tact and diplomacy, as well as a high degree of collaboration with other administration staff within COS.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide the full suite of professional executive support services to the Directors in a timely and effective manner
- ensure the specific needs and day to day requirements of the office are managed
- respond to queries in person, by phone and email to parties internal and external to the University
- draft and review correspondence, format reports and other documentation, and coordinate briefing notes. Ensure that all papers for meetings are collated and made available in good time
- arrange meetings on behalf of the Directors and ensure that all papers are organised
- build and manage effective working rapport with key stakeholders and staff across the University
- previous experience as an Executive Assistant or similar
- experience working in a large complex organisation
- advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, with diary management experience
- excellent time and workload management skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience handling a wide range of enquiries with well developed negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder engagement skills.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 09 April 2023 11:59 PM