Research Engineer/Fellow (Improving magnetic Resonance Image)
2 days left
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 28 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 31 May 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
We are seeking a specialist in the field of artificial intelligence and computer vision. This position involves using machine learning algorithms and techniques to develop intelligent computer systems that can analyse and interpret digital images and other visual data. Ideally, the role will be fulfilled by an experienced medical imaging machine learning engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, testing, and deploying machine learning algorithms for medical imaging applications—specifically, for image enhancement.
This role requires a strong foundation in computer science, mathematics, and statistics, as well as knowledge of machine learning algorithms and frameworks. Additionally, expertise in image processing, computer vision, deep learning techniques, and experience working with large datasets would be beneficial for the role.
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms for medical imaging analysis, such as image segmentation, classification, and registration.
- Work closely with medical experts to understand imaging domain knowledge and incorporate that into algorithm design.
- Evaluate and compare different machine learning approaches for medical imaging tasks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software engineers and data scientists, to integrate machine learning algorithms into medical imaging systems.
- Participate in research projects to advance the state-of-the-art in medical imaging machine learning.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in medical imaging and machine learning.
- Present results to the team on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in teaching and mentoring of the SIT students that collaborate on the project.
- Perform data analysis on the research results.
- Incrementally backup the image data (minimally, weekly).
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or related field.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Strong experience with machine learning, including deep learning for image analysis.
- Regarding machine learning, some exposure to Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), UNet, or HighResNet would be beneficial.
- Experience with parallel and GPU computing is also a plus.
- Some understanding of medical imaging modalities, such as CT, MRI, X-ray, and ultrasound would be useful.
- Specifically, experience with medical imaging data formats (e.g. DICOM) and databases."