Clinical Academic Coordinator, Nursing and Midwifery
- Part-Time (0.6FTE), Fixed-Term until 27th May 2024
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- Level B - TRP $117,562 - $138,831 pro rata per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
The School of Nursing and Midwifery provides undergraduate and postgraduate programs with multiple pathways and specialisations and has achieved well above world standing in research. Our high-quality teaching and research programs inspire students to pursue careers in a range of industries and sectors in the areas of Nursing and Midwifery workforce, Children and Families, Ageing and Chronic Illness, Mental Health, and Education and Practice.
This position will have oversight of placements within the nursing and midwifery disciplines. This position will work closely with the Associate Dean, Domestic Partnerships, Discipline Leads, Course Coordinators and Site Coordinators to initiate and develop strategies aimed at ensuring annual placement targets are met and to actively seek out opportunities to increase experiential learning opportunities as required.
In addition this position will establish and maintain high quality and productive strategic partnerships with key stakeholders within the experiential learning portfolio.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- Registered or eligible to register as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Current or recent participation in clinical nursing practice.
- Evidence of clinical innovative initiatives undertaken in the last three years that have improved the student experience, and the evaluation of effectiveness of these initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the clinical teaching practice of others.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- On site child care facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55pm Monday 17th April 2023
Position Enquiries: Karen Lawrence, Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching
Recruitment Enquiries: Bianca Trajanov, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Position Description below:
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.