Clinical Trials Administrator
- KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
- London (Greater)
- £30,396 – £31,929 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
- 27 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health
- Job Type
- Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Cancer Research UK & King’s College London Cancer Prevention Trials Unit (CPTU) specialises in research to advance cancer prevention, early diagnosis and screening.
We perform research on efficacy, cost-effectiveness and technologies to improve existing and establish new screening programmes.
The Yorkshire Screening of Urine Trial (YORKSURe) is a Yorkshire Cancer Research funded clinical trial investigating home urine testing and community early diagnosis activities for bladder cancer in 3 separate cohorts spanning an existing screening trial population, primary care and secondary care.
The Clinical Trials Administrator will work with the existing trial team (Clinical Project Manager and Trial Manager) to undertake a broad range of administrative activities to see the trial through to the end of recruitment, data collection, analysis and closeout.
You will be a skilled administrator with an interest in clinical trials/clinical research, preferably with experience of working in a similar/related role, from the NHS, academia, or industry.
You will have excellent organisation, planning, interpersonal and IT skills, be adept at working flexibly and be able to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
You will ideally have some awareness or knowledge of clinical trial regulations, GCP and research governance standards, and an interest in cancer prevention and screening.
We offer a wide range of training and development opportunities, including the opportunity to join CPTU special interest groups (PPI, EDI, Data Management) and work with a wide range of talented individuals within the CPTU who are passionate about clinical trials and improving cancer outcomes.
You will be line managed by Megan Goff, YORKSURe Trial Manager.
This is a hybrid working role, with a requirement to be in the office 2-3 days a week.
This post will be offered on an a fixed-term contract until 31st March 2024.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent
• Develop a good knowledge of the trial protocol to support a wide range of activities related to the coordination of the trial
• Assist in the coordination of internal and external trial meetings by preparing agendas, taking minutes, circulating papers and all other meeting arrangements as required.
• Assist in keeping the electronic and paper Trial Master File (TMF) up to date, ensuring key documents are filed appropriately, and adhere to version control requirements.
• Liaise with participating trial sites under the direction of the Trial Manager, to cover a range of duties including, but not limited to, distributing relevant study documents, booking monitoring or close-out visits, and requesting and chasing responses to these activities.
• Assist the Trial Manager with acting as a first point of contact for the trials by efficient management of the trial mailboxes, ensuring that email enquiries are responded to politely and in a timely fashion, or escalated to the appropriate member of the team for response.
• Support the Trial Manager with participant appointment provision to ensure all trial participants are able to attend follow up where required by the trial.
• Assist the Trial Manager with data management activities including, but not limited to central monitoring.
• Under the direction of the Trial Manager, take ownership of an array of regular data management activities including data uploads, downloads, query resolution and generation of simple graphs and charts for reports.
• Under the direction and guidance of the Trial Manager, assist with study database testing.
• Assist the Trial Manager with the preparation of mailshots, newsletters, social media posts, trial progress reports, amendments and publications, including using IT skills to creatively design and generate documents for different audiences.
• Provide support for the monitoring and coordination of trial supplies (including home urine testing kits) under the direction of the Trial Manager.
• Keeping records up to date and ensuring good communication with trial sites and vendors/suppliers to maintain timely deliveries where appropriate.
• Support the Trial Manager with safety reporting for the trials, whilst ensuring adherence to trials specific and regulatory procedures, and reporting timelines.
• Contribute to the efficient and effective delivery of the project including tracking progress against milestones, reporting progress/feedback and taking part in collaborative decision making, planning short, medium and long-term goals with the trial team and Chief Investigator.
• Ensuring confidentiality on all matters and information obtained during the course of employment
• Any additional duties as appropriate, including cross-study support, dependent on the needs of the unit.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Degree in any life science or numerate discipline, or a professional qualification as equivalent, (e.g. nurse) or relevant experience in a similar role
2. Experience of working in an administrative role including meeting organisation, minuting, and execution.
3. Excellent MS Office skills
4. Self-motivated, with an ability to work autonomously
5. Excellent organisational skills
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills enabling effective communication with a range of staff
7. Methodological and accurate in the gathering and recording of data
1. Experience of working within a clinical trials unit or a similar/related role, from the NHS, academia, or industry.
2. Experience working with databases, or electronic data capture systems.
3. Understanding of regulatory requirements pertaining to clinical trials, including ICH-GCP.
4. An interest in cancer prevention & screening.
Informal enquiries welcomed to Megan Goff, YORKSURe Trial Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure to include a cover letter with your application outlining your reasons for applying to the post and your suitability based on the essential and desirable criteria.
Interviews will be a one stage panel interview with a short test.
We are happy to offer virtual or in person interviews.