Social Media Officer
Marketing and Student Recruitment
Social Media Officer – REQ002040
The Marketing and Student Recruitment team at University of the West of Scotland has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, proactive and enthusiastic Social Media Officer.
You will play a key role in delivering UWS’s student recruitment marketing and wider communications and engagement priorities, through the delivery of high-quality social media activities.
You will develop and deliver plans and tactics to engage new and existing audiences, in order to support recruitment and reputation-building. You will develop a consistent and authentic social tone of voice that resonates with our diverse audiences. You will work closely with senior colleagues to develop and implement UWS’s social media plans, tactics and tone of voice.
You will be a creative thinker, with a talent for telling engaging stories via compelling digital content. You will have a clear passion for delivering impactful, influential and sector-leading social media activities.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably including a digital marketing/related subject area element, with recent work experience relevant to the role.
- Experience in corporate and/or consumer social media, including proven expertise in devising and implementing effective integrated social media campaigns.
- Experience working with clients on cross-channel social media campaigns, from concept through to completion.
- Experience of producing engaging content – including videography/photography (shooting and editing) – for social media and other digital channels within a complex organisation and/or high-profile brand.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is ranked in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). UWS is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses. With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our colleagues a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Monday 10th April 2023
Interview Date: Week commencing 8th May 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.