Research Assistant, School of Medicine
- UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN (UCD)
- Dublin, Leinster (IE)
- £29,275 per annum (pro rata)
- 27 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Other Health & Social Care
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part Time
Applications are invited for a 1 year part-time (0.38FTE) post of a Research Assistant within School of Medicine.
Applications are invited for the post of Research Assistant (RA) to support several projects and further funding application developments. Their role is to support the PI (Dr Barrett, Assoc Professor, School of Medicine) in enhancing the emerging narrative in medicine network and related research, conference outputs, public engagement and evaluation.
In particular this will involve:
- Support of at least 2 SSRA projects in summer 2023
- Support students who are undertaking surveys
- Support analysis of surveys - outputs will be completion of SSRA/ poster presentations and likely 2 small papers.
- Supporting organisation and delivery of, and evaluation/ feedback from, a planned interdisciplinary conference on Breastfeeding. Analysing pre and post conference feedback.
- Support the use of this data and the SSRA data/ data previously completed to develop a Completed Grant application for humanities work on Breastfeeding in Ireland and the interface between user groups, medical humanities and medicine
- Support the development of the interdisciplinary humanities network (HEANI), fostering cross disciplinary relationships.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Principal Investigator/nominee and team members on all research activities associated with the project. The successful candidate will provide assistance with literature reviews, and fieldwork, which will include focus groups, interviews, and web-based surveys with participants. The RA will also assist with data collation and analysis, dissemination and outreach activities, and with the design, development and evaluation/ feedback from, a planned interdisciplinary conference on Breastfeeding.
Fixed Salary: 29,275 per annum (pro rata)
Closing date: 17:00hrs (local Irish time) on 10th of April 2023.
Applications must be submitted by the closing date and time specified. Any applications which are still in progress at the closing time of 17:00hrs (Local Irish Time) on the specified closing date will be cancelled automatically by the system.
UCD are unable to accept late applications.
UCD do not require assistance from Recruitment Agencies. Any CV's submitted by Recruitment Agencies will be returned.
Prior to application, further information (including application procedure) should be obtained from the Work at UCD website: https://www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/.