Digital Accessibility Manager
- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- Paisley, Renfrewshire (GB)
- Grade 7: £47,047 - £52,841 per annum
- 27 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Marketing and Student Recruitment
THE POST – Digital Accessibility Manager
The Marketing and Student Recruitment team at University of the West of Scotland has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, proactive and enthusiastic Digital Accessibility Manager.
You will create great user experiences; applying professional digital product management standards to further enable our academic colleagues to realise their teaching vision and support students to achieve their learning objectives.
You will be an experienced digital content producer with a specialised focus in digital accessibility for public sector bodies and will act as the University’s subject matter expert in digital accessibility.
You will work in close collaboration with key partners across the University, to lead a collective effort to proactively and systemically address digital accessibility to ensure compliance with current and future legal requirements.
The successful candidate should have the following:
Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Digital Design/Development, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the development of accessible websites, applications, and/or evaluating products for digital accessibility.
- Knowledge of the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG2.1).
- Experience with digital design and production tools, CMS, Microsoft Office and PDF accessibility.
- Experience with assistive technology, including - but not limited to - screen reading software, screen-reading magnification software, speech-to-text software, text-to-speech software, and alternative input devices.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Free gym membership
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities
Interview Date: w/c 8th May 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.