- UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF SCOTLAND
- PA1 2BE, Paisley
- Grade 7: £47,047 - £52,841 per annum
- 27 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Marketing and Student Recruitment
Marketing Manager – REQ002037
THE POST – Marketing Manager
The Marketing and Student Recruitment team at University of the West of Scotland (UWS) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, proactive and enthusiastic Marketing Manager.
You will create, design and deliver integrated marketing activities and campaigns in support of student recruitment, and the University’s wider strategic aims and objectives.
You will deliver insight-led marketing activities designed to attract domestic and international students; from awareness-raising through to enrolment. You will develop and drive integrated, omni-channel campaigns that raise UWS’s reputation with prospective applicants and their direct influencers.
You will build productive and effective relationships with colleagues, at all levels of seniority, across the institution and beyond; bringing passion and creativity to the role, in order to successfully deliver focused marketing activities that drive student recruitment.
You will provide specialist, professional market insight; evaluate market opportunities; provide competitor analysis; and develop data-led marketing approaches tailored to the needs and desires of potential UWS students, throughout the applicant lifecycle.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Proven track record in effective integrated campaign delivery, encompassing messaging frameworks, advertising/media-buying, collateral and events.
- Proven track record of successful project management, delivery and evaluation of marketing campaigns within a complex organisation.
- Evidence of successful development and delivery of marketing collateral across all channels and for various audiences, under overarching brand.
- Evidence of management and delivery of effective social media activities.
- Experience of establishing and managing effective relationships with senior internal, as well as external, stakeholders.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is ranked in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). UWS is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses. With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
Our professional services teams are the backbone of UWS, providing robust and innovative solutions to support the vast range of work across learning and teaching, and research and innovation. You will join a supportive and dedicated team, playing a key role in a range of work that will help drive forward our ambition to deliver world-leading research, and graduates who will design, shape and build a new future.
We offer our colleagues a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 24 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 19.3% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Monday 10th April 2023
Interview Date: Week commencing 2nd May 2023
The University reserves the right to shorten/extend the closing date of any position where a high/low volume of suitable applications are received. Therefore, if you are interested in this role, an early application would be encouraged.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.