Portfolio Operations Manager
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- Competitive remuneration package including 17% superannuation
- 27 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 28 Mar 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, 3-year fixed term role within The University of Sydney's ICT digital engagement team
- Great opportunity to transfer your skills into a diverse role
- Offering a competitive remuneration package including 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
As the Portfolio Operations Manager, you will oversee the operations for a technology portfolio delivering technology products and services. This will include vendor management, financial management and incident management for the operations portfolio. You will also have a key role in building relationships within and outside the organisation and the opportunity drive continuous improvement.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- ensure incidents within the operations portfolio are managed and escalated appropriately
- work closely with vendor management, service management and procurement teams to lead our portfolio of products through the procurement lifecycle
- develop vendor roadmaps to guide the delivery of products to meet the priorities and objectives of the broader operations team
- collaborate with finance to lead the development of project and operational budgets, manage income / expenditure and develop adequate reporting
- ensure effective general management of operational and administrative systems, processes, and technologies to meet these requirements in alignment with University policies and practices
- ensure compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory controls and ensures a safe working environment for all staff
- be accountable for translating and implementing the work area strategy and related business plans into operational activity, managing the utilisation of resources across programs, processes, and work activity.
- demonstrated experience managing incidents for critical systems and knowledge of when escalations are required
- experience managing existing and new vendors through the procurement lifecycle.
- experience managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure for numerous concurrent initiatives as well as operational expenses
- effective management of a diverse group of key stakeholders on large or complex products, with the ability to develop/cultivate relationships with industry providers and key users
- process-driven approach with experience and knowledge in the ITIL framework would be advantageous
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Mouhamed El Chami, Recruitment Operations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 28 March 2023 11:59 PM