- AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU)
- Canberra, Australia
- $122,133 – $127,967 per annum plus 17% superannuation
- 26 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Salary package: $122,133 – $127,967 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Continuing
Position Description and Selection Criteria: https://jobs.anu.edu.au/cw/en/job/550513/operations-manager
As the Operations Manager, you will drive a range of operational and continuous improvement plans to support the division whilst creating a culture of continuous improvement in keeping with the Service Performance Framework.
You will do this through:
- Your ability to effectively lead in the planning, coordination and execution of operational and strategic plans
- Applying your highly developed communication skills in order to influence and consult with the division’s leadership team and a variety of other stakeholders to drive continuous improvement practices
- A strong sense of business acumen and translate high level requirements into tactical operational tasks
- A solid understand and experience in best practice communication and engagement activities
- Your experience in coordinating budgetary, workplace health and safety and other operational processes and reporting requirements.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Services and Operations you will join the Service and Operations team, which forms part of our Planning and Service Performance division. Our division takes a leading role in providing data for evidence-based decision-making throughout the University and delivering client-focussed solutions.
The Operations Manager plays a key support role in the execution of operational plans and key business functions whilst driving a collaborative and continuous improvement culture through effective employee engagement activities.
- Drive operational efficiencies and effectively execute the division’s operational plans and initiatives
- Provide expert advice and operational support on major communication and engagement
- Provide support in developing models and tools to drive performance improvement
- Ensure effective governance of business processes is maintained and remains effective including leading the divisions response to WHS requirements
- Lead and develop the Service and Operations team interns and cadets
For further information about this position, please contact Sacha Connor, Acting Associate Director, Service and Operations E: email@example.com
Our ideal candidate
Please view the selection criteria outlined in the position description for the skills and experiences required to succeed in this role.
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A one page word statement clearly addressing the selection criteria (maximum 1 page in total)
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least two referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Closing date: 10 April 2023