Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Information Systems / Operations Management / Operational Research
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £39,592 - £64,946 per annum
- 27 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 26 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management, Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Queen's Management School at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint exceptional candidates to the post of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Information Systems/Operations Management/Operational Research. These are key posts within the Queen’s Management School’s Information Technology, Analytics, & Operations (ITAO) Department.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to shape and strengthen the future direction of the ITAO Department from both a research and teaching perspective. Our supportive research environment enables attendance at international conferences, facilitates the pursuit of high-quality publications and fosters meaningful engagement with non-academic stakeholders.
The appointed candidates will get the opportunity to interact and work with colleagues whose research is internationally renowned for business and societal impact. Current members of the ITAO Department have published their work in leading scholarly journals including Information Systems Research, Journal of Operations Management, Production & Operations Management, British Journal of Management, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, European Journal of Information Systems, Information Systems Journal, Journal of Information Technology, and European Journal of Operational Research. The Department’s research is funded by multiple grant awarding bodies including the Engineering & Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC), Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC), Innovate UK, and the Northern Ireland Department for the Economy
The successful candidates must have, and applications must clearly demonstrate:
- A PhD (or very close to completion for Lecturer) in Information Systems/Operations Management/Operational Research or cognate fields.
- Evidence of an ambitious research trajectory in Information Systems/Operations Management/Operational Research as appropriate to norms for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer.
- A track record of high-quality peer reviewed Information Systems/Operations Management/Operational Research journal publications as appropriate to norms for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer.
- for Lecturer: evidence of the ability and willingness to teach and assess at university level in one or more of the following areas: artificial intelligence, data mining, machine learning, big data management, operations management, statistics for business, HR analytics, marketing analytics, blockchain, digital business.
- for Senior Lecturer: significant experience of teaching and assessing at university level in one or more of the following areas: artificial intelligence, data mining, machine learning, big data management, operations management, statistics for business, HR analytics, marketing analytics, blockchain, digital business.
- for Lecturer: ability and willingness to deliver excellent classroom and online teaching.
- for Senior Lecturer: a record of excellence in classroom and online teaching.
Please note the above is not an exhaustive list. For further information about these roles including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to:
Prof Min Zhang firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Stephanie Graham email@example.com
Prof M.N. Ravishankar firstname.lastname@example.org
Attractvie Reward Package
About the School
Further information for international applicants