Clinical Lecturer (Education) in Medicine (Gastroenterology)
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £88,799 – £119,723 per annum
- 27 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 25 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The School of Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Sciences (MDBS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Clinical Lecturer (Education) in Medicine (Gastroenterology).
The successful applicant to this post will strengthen the clinical academic base of Gastroenterology Medicine within the Centre for Medical Education, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) and the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT). They will contribute to the delivery of QUB’s Strategy 2030, undertake significant teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, engage in scholarly activity and contribute to Centre/School administration/outreach activity. They will also deliver and enhance clinical service in their clinical discipline.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Primary Medical Degree.
- Higher degree (Masters or equivalent in a relevant subject area).
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council.
- Be on or be eligible to be on the Specialist Register (Gastroenterology) via:
- CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of interview date)
- European Community Rights.
- Post registration qualification (MRCP).
- Experience, achievement and growing reputation in the discipline, commensurate with stage of career e.g. involvement in national educational events.
- Evidence of scholarly activity e.g. conference paper presentations, external funding secured, book reviews published, writing practice manuals, publication of professional materials.
- Relevant teaching experience at University level.
- Ability to develop and devise new programmes, modules, techniques and methods.
- Relevant academic administrative/management experience.
- Clinical experience in Gastroenterology (Internal) Medicine and evidence of progression appropriate to career stage.
- Experience in the management of clinical service in the relevant specialty.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Michael Trimble at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information relating to Clinical responsibilities
Attractive reward package
About the School
Further information for international applicants