Research Fellow in Metagenomic Analysis of Microbial Communities
- QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
- Belfast, Northern Ireland
- £36,333 per annum
- 27 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 17 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
The School of Biological Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow.
The postholder will be an active member of the Huws Lab; Carrying out metataxonomic and metagenomic analyses of microbial communities as part of the EU INTEGRITY project.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Obtained or are about to obtain a PhD in a relevant area (biological sciences, microbiology,)
- 3 years relevant experience in computational approaches for the analysis of high-throughput DNA sequencing data from microbial communities.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click the Candidate Information link below.
This post is fixed term for 12 months, or available until 30 April 2024, whichever is sooner. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Katerina Theodoridou at K.Theodoridou@qub.ac.uk.
About the School
Attractive Reward Package
Information for International Applicants