Registration and Credit Control Manager
Student Services - Student Finance & Financial Support
Location: Greenwich Campus
Salary: £36,333 to £41,931 plus £5118 London weighting
Contract Type: Permanent
Release Date: Friday 24 March 2023
Closing Date: Friday 07 April 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The Student Fees and Financial Support Team pride itself in supporting our students with information and advice on student finance matters to help make informed choices whilst ensuring financial sustainability and growth of the University. We are committed in the promotion of enhanced student experience and success by providing financial support and awareness with the means of tailored resources. In seeking to achieve our objectives, we work in close partnership with key external and internal stakeholders across the university including Faculty academic and professional staff as well as professional services staff and students. The Registration and Credit Control Manager role will be central to ensuring that the team operates effectively, coherently and consistently in achieving its objectives.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Responsible in the delivery of all student finance related activities.
- Provide professional advice and information to student and prospective students.
- Responsible for the management of the payments and advice team and the debit administration team which included sponsor contracting, online registration and tuition fee file management, debt management and fee adjustment.
- Be the main liaison point for Central Finance teams for SLC, Federal Aid and debt management.
- Be conversant with student finance regulations.
- Responsible in the development and enhancement of Student Finance systems and processes.
- Coordinate student finance information and communications including the student finance web pages, calendar and training activities.
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure oversight of the operation of student finance processes.
- Provide financial support by signposting, referring students to appropriate services within and external to the University.
- Responsible in maintaining a strong proactive customer-focused service to student.
Candidates will have managerial experience of working in higher education, or a similar environment and should have:
- Experience of working under pressure and managing priorities.
- Substantial experience in management of staff
- Experience in the deliver annual review of operational manual and revision of policies
- Experience of using Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, Teams, OneDrive and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- The ability to organise your own work, and the work of others, prioritising workload to meet key deadlines.
- A high degree of accuracy and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in a professional manner.
- The ability to analyse and interpret data to various audiences.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Zeyna Fall at email@example.com
Should you have any recruitment related queries please contact the HR Recruitment Team on HR-Recruitment@gre.ac.uk
We are looking for people who can help us deliver our mission of transforming lives through inspired teaching and research, through our values.
The university welcomes people from diverse and underrepresented communities who can help the university to achieve its mission.
We do this through taking positive action such as encouraging applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, disabled and LGBT+ people. As part of our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Time to Change Employer Pledge/Mentally Healthy Universities, we are committed to promoting and supporting the physical and mental health of all our staff, and removing barriers to improve inclusion.