Research Engineer, AI and Machine Learning
- SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- 27 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 30 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics
- Job Type
- Research Related, Other Research Related
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term, Permanent
- Full Time
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
This role is part of the AI SG project and entails working with our industry collaboration partner, ConveGenius.
As an AI/ML Engineer, you will be responsible for building conversational AI and recommendation components in our new as well as existing products.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Industry Collaborator and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Data collection and preprocessing.
- Machine learning model development and deployment.
- Design and refine NLP processing units like Dialog management, Natural Language Understanding.
- Conversational chatbot development.
- Strong background in AI and Machine Learning such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning etc.
- Strong background in applied statistics, experimental design, sampling methods, A/B testing procedure, causal analysis, and cohort analysis.
- Hands-on experience of ML model development and deploying.
- Must have applied and demonstrated capability in the field of Natural Language Processing.
- Familiarity with conversational assistants especially conversational data is a huge plus.
- Good knowledge in NLP Frameworks like RASA.
- Experience with AWS cloud.
- Knowledge of Java/Node/Python Programming languages.
- Strong communication and attention to detail.
- Team player.