Postdoctoral Fellow in Wireless Communications and Sensing
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, General Engineering, Social Sciences, Communication & Media Studies, Law
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Postdocs, Other Academic, Research Related, Professional Services, Library / Records / Information Management, Marketing & Communications, Other Professional Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Postdoctoral Fellow in Wireless Communications and Sensing
University of Colorado Denver
Postdoctoral Fellow in Wireless Communications and Sensing - 22918 Faculty
University of Colorado | CU Denver
College of Engineering, Design and Computing
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration - Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
As Colorado's public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.
CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor's to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state's largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The postdoctoral researcher will work and conduct research in the general area of Communication Theory, Wireless Networking, and Network Information Theory.
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Theory and simulations for distributed networks with reconfigurable intelligent surfaces;
- Applications of Machine Learning in communications.
Salary Offered or Salary Range
The hiring rate for this position has been established at $53,760.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please contact email@example.com for information on disability accommodations
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Education: PhD degree in a closely related field to the research topic prior to starting the position.
- Experience: Publications in domains related to the research topics described above.
Experience working on one or more of the following problems:
- Communications with reconfigurable intelligent surfaces
- Capacity of multi-terminal networks
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Applications of Machine Learning in communications
- Joint Sensing and Communications
- Wireless Sensing
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Special Instructions to Applicants: The applicant will work under Dr. Alireza Vahid's supervision.
Technical questions about this opening should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 22918
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 30074 - CEDC-Electrical Engineering
Posting Date: Nov 2, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing Position Number: 00721846
To apply, please visit: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=22918&lang=en
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency