Research Fellow (Cardio-Metabolic Disease Research)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 24 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a postdoctoral role exploring lipid metabolism in cardio-metabolic diseases in the Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The mission of our department is to find new therapeutic strategies for atherosclerotic coronary artery disease and NASH. We use cutting-edge technologies such as single cell sequencing, functional genomics and CRISPR/Cas9-based screening, to understand how alterations in lipid metabolism and trafficking contribute to NASH and atherosclerotic plaque progression and regression. Appointments will be made on a 1-year contract basis in the first instance.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of his/her projects. The RF’s principal role will be to lead independent projects related to cardiometabolic disease.
The candidate must have:
- A PhD or equivalent in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or related field.
- Extensive experience in molecular biology and mouse work as demonstrated by a first author publication in a relevant scientific journal.
- Willingness to work with mice.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- The ability to work independently to design and troubleshoot experiments.
- Positive attitude and strong motivation.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Dr Yu Haojie at email@example.com.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of three (3) referees to this job portal.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Biochemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 11729