- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $100,032 + 17% superannuation
- 24 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 24 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, IT Services
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time continuing role
- The Technical Analyst work closely with various Product Lines and Platform Leads to create and enhance these automation, workflow, and collaboration services.
- Base Salary $100,032 + 17% superannuation
The University of Sydney is on a journey of transformation. Information and Communications Technology is helping navigate the path. Enabling our educators. Powering our researchers. Empowering our students. Creating tomorrow today is what our team does. We are all about the future.
It's a bold mission that began in 1850 and continues every day. Our team is driven by a deep conviction that technology can make a positive difference today and can transform the future. We take this journey because we are innovators, leaders and change-makers. The University recognises what we are. We know who we are. It's an exciting ride that inspires us and the University community.
About the opportunity
The Technical Analyst provides development and support services through the Digital Automation Practice (DAP). These technical services, across a broad base of various technologies, focus on rapid digital solutions for workflows, digital forms, and collaboration solutions due to the low-code/no-code nature of the relevant toolsets.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- work closely with the Product teams, Business, ICT teams and vendors to provide issue resolution, solution and service delivery and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
- provide technical expertise in digital, automation and collaboration services technologies to provide solutions in line with the proposed architecture and designs
- configure, code and script applications based on business requirements to facilitate rollout of new functionality, interfaces, and modules
- provide technical expertise and support for the University's digital and automation platforms and other similar applications
- responsible and accountable for maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the application and associated integrated platforms
- participate in the resolution of Major Incidents as required
- 5+ years of SharePoint O365
- 5+ years' experience working with modern workplace technologies including but not limited to, Office 365 and digital workflow tools, SharePoint O365, ServiceNow, K2, Nintex Forms and Workflow, SQL Server and Microsoft Power Platform
- Exposure working within the context of business products within a broad range of various technical environments and platforms
- ability to adapt and respond to ambiguous situations; a proven sense of urgency; a sense of knowing when to escalate
- demonstrated skills in the analysis, assessment, design, specification, development, testing, implementation, and support of enterprise level computer-based applications utilising Office365 technologies (SharePoint, powerapps)
- highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including ability to prepare and present communications for stakeholder groups at varying levels as well as well-developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sana Goswami, Recruitment Operations, on 0432 179 410 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 24 April 2023 11:59 PM