Senior Lecturer, Clinical Dentistry
- JAMES COOK UNIVERSITY
- Townsville, Australia
- $118,983 - $136,591 + 17% super
- 24 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 16 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Ensure the effective and efficient delivery of clinical excellence
- Join a values-based organisational culture | Flexible Work Arrangements
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst achieving your career goals
- Academic Level C: $118,983 - $136,591 + 17% super
Creating a brighter future for life in the Tropics and beyond, through education and research that makes a difference locally, and globally, James Cook University (JCU) is looking to appoint a Senior Lecturer, Clinical Dentistry. This full-time, continuing appointment is based at the JCU Townsville Bebegu Yumba Campus, Douglas.
Dentistry at JCU
JCU Dentistry students graduate with clinical skills of the highest standard. With plenty of hands-on experience, and support throughout their studies, JCU ensures our graduates have the right skills and experience to begin their careers with confidence whilst also making an impact in rural and remote health.
JCU’s world-class dental teaching complex includes a clinical simulation laboratory for practical experience and observation, access to advanced technology, Lecturers committed to student success and the chance to gain real-life experience at the University’s public dental clinics.
JCU Dentistry is rated #1 in Australia for full-time employment and median salary. *
How you’ll make a difference
The Senior Lecturer, Clinical Dentistry manages JCU Dental in Townsville, overseeing the Bachelor of Dental Surgery students in their last year of the program and ensuring that they meet the required competencies to graduate. This role includes clinical teaching and assessment as well as clinical leadership in implementing and ensuring that all clinical and infection control policies and procedures are adhered to by clinical supervisors and students.
What you’ll bring
As a senior academic clinician,you will have a degree qualification in dentistry, full registration as a Dentist with the Dental Board of Australia and hold or are eligible to obtain, a radiography licence with the State of Queensland.With strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as a member of a cohesive, like-minded team, you will grow your career in a supportive and flexible environment which brings out the best of you professionally and provides you with personal satisfaction knowing you are contributing to educating the Dentists of the future.
Why make the change?
Bordered by the Coral Sea, the Wet Tropics and the Outback, the Townsville region has a vibrant natural landscape, rich Indigenous history and beautifully preserved Federation architecture. Located approximately 1350 kms north of Brisbane (or a 1.50hr flight) and 350 kms south of Cairns, Townsville has a strong and diverse economy in which significant industries such as health and education services, government and defence, construction and mining, prosper. Sunny days, warm waters, cool ocean breezes and a generally comfortable climate are part of what make Townsville such a popular place to live. Click here for more information on living in Townsville.
Whyyou’ll love working JCU?
At JCU we firmly believe that people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff. We live by our values and deliver against our Strategic Intent in an environment that values respect, excellence and delivering a sustainable future for the people of the Tropics.
- generous superannuation scheme with up to 17% employer contributions
- ongoing professional and career development
- attractive options for salary packaging
- work and life balance with a 36.25 hour working week
- five weeks annual recreation leave with cash-out annual leave and time in lieu options
- 15 days personal leave
- Individual Flexibility Arrangements
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program
- on-site facilities including medical, cafes, childcare and gymnasium
- access to online media subscriptions
- corporate discount on health insurance
- relocation and accommodation assistance may be negotiated
What matters to us at JCU?
- Our People - Our staff, students, and the communities we serve
- Our Education - Knowledge has the power to change lives
- Our Place - the Tropics and beyond
- Our Research - a catalyst for innovation and knowledge generation
Authenticity | Excellence | Integrity | Respect
Our values are the qualities that define what we stand for. They capture the standards that we live by and guide the way we behave and work together.
Want to know more?
We'd love to hear from you! Click on Apply now and you will be redirected to the JCU Careers website.
Apply for Vacancy Reference Number 18349
James Cook University encourages people from all backgrounds who meet role requirements to apply. We value and celebrate the diversity of our community, and are committed to ensuring our community, and are committed to ensuring our learning and working environment is safe and welcoming
*2023 Good Universities Guide, UG Dentistry