Research Assistant (Biological Sciences) 1
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 24 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Life sciences, Biological Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking for a Research Assistant for a research project to study plant-microbial-insect interactions. We seek a highly motivated applicant with some background and/or interest in working with environmental and plant related microbiomes. Applicant should also possess basic laboratory skills. Prior demonstrated experience in molecular/microbiology is highly desirable. The position is within a multi-disciplinary research team, which broadly pursues microbial diversity and physiological investigations in plant holobionts. The team consists of Post-doctoral fellows, PhDs and other Research Assistants. The full-time research assistant will be expected to actively participate in ongoing research projects and fulfil any other ad-hoc research
- Qualifications / Discipline: The ideal applicant should have a degree in /life sciences/Plant biology/microbiology
- Skills: Basic Microsoft skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Possess strong organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Assist in data analysis, preparing figures, tables and reports.
- Experience: familiarity with culturing microorganisms. Experience with PCR, cloning, and other nucleic acid or metabolites manipulation is preferable
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 18345