Research Assistant (5G Digital Building Technology)
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 24 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Arts & Humanities, Architecture, Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Duties and responsibilities
Applications are invited for Research Assistant positions at the Department of the Built Environment, National University of Singapore, to commence as soon as possible. Applicants should possess a Bachelor or M.S. degree in the field of built environment, digital building and construction, architectural and civil engineering, project management, engineering, computer science, and/or a related field.
The Research Assistants are expected to work on following research projects to deliver sterling results:
- Building Intelligence into 5G technologies
- Deep semi-supervised learning and automatic generative design
- Structural BIM and robot-aided construction
- Robot-assisted construction progress monitoring
- Prefabricated Prefinished Volumetric Construction (PPVC) and 3D printing
- 5G-enabled robot system
- Self-supervised learning and autonomous inspection
- Provide guidance and overseeing the operations of 5G Centre
- Paper Publications and Patents
- Any other job scope stipulated by Supervisor or Department
The appointees will assist in planning and implementing related research projects with PhD students and Research Assistants within the research group and the 5G Centre, including operating the 5G Digital Building technologies, conducting trainings and demonstrations, conducting research & experiments, delivering project results, preparing research findings, writing report, providing staff guidance, running technical laboratory operations, filing patents and paper, etc. They will be responsible in project deliverables related to the 5G Center. They should have good knowledge of 5G technologies, MQTT network protocol, AI computer vision, deep learning, robot operating system, UAV and UGV control, quadruped robot, with a good track record of peer-reviewed publications. They should have knowledge in basic programming including but not limited to C++, Python, etc. with strong analytical and critical thinking skills. The Research Assistants should have proficiency in written and spoken English.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : The Built Environment
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18605