Research Assistant, Digital Twin Development
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 24 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences
- Contract Type
- Full Time
BEAM initiative is a collaborative effort launched by National University of Singapore (NUS) as part of Sustainability and Climate Change Action Plan 2030.
Specifically, this project focuses on developing a climate resilient campus to improve thermal comfort and mitigate urban heat island (UHI) effect. The Department of the Built Environment at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking a Research Assistant to join the group and spearhead research at the Digital Twin work.
Scope and responsibilities:
- The candidate shall work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PIs, and Research Fellows (RFs) to conduct academic research and/ or administrative work.
- Development of software tools and related solutions.
- Collaboration with other researchers and coordination.
- Exploring new research directions and experimenting with new datasets and technologies.
- Assisting the PI in various activities in the research group and project such as supervision/mentorship of students, management, and assisting with funding applications.
- Preparation of publications and managing other forms of research output such as software and data.
- Degree in relevant disciplines: Geospatial technologies, GIS, Digital twins, urban data science, etc.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas:programming, spatial analysis/GIS, Geomatics, 3D city modelling, urban planning, and/or urban simulations.
- Experience with programming. We will prioritise applicants who can demonstrate these qualities through a Github profile or similar evidence.
- Knowledge and experience in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning and Urban Microclimate is an advantage.
- Curiosity and passion to explore new concepts, methods and technologies, and capability of identifying and quickly learning the most suitable tools for the research on the go.
Candidates should have the following qualities:
- Good communication skills in English, and an ability to present research in both academic and non-academic venues.
- A strong team player who can multitask and work effectively as a team.
- A track record of interdisciplinary research will be evaluated positively.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Marcel Ignatius
Co-PI/Senior Research Fellow
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : The Built Environment
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18347