Research Contracts Advisor
- VICTORIA UNIVERSITY
- Footscray, Australia
- $90,891 - $98,385 classification plus 17% superannuation
- 24 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 11 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- This is a full-time continuing position at a HEP 7, $90,891 - $98,385 classification plus 17% superannuation, working 36.75 hours (1 FTE) per week.
- Showcase your exceptional contracts, organisational and communication skills
- Develop strong relations with internal and external stakeholders
- The position is located at our Footscray Park Campus.
About the role
The overall purpose of the Research Contracts Advisor is to contribute to the development, review and approval of research related contracts and agreements entered into by Victoria University (VU), including research undertaken following competitive grant processes or via commercial negotiation.
In addition, the position monitors and recommends improvements to contracting business processes, manages internal communications on the contracts function, and oversees data integrity.
About the person
The successful incumbent will be legally trained, with sound knowledge and experience of contract drafting and negotiation. In addition, they will possess a general understanding of the legislative, regulatory and policy environment governing research and the tertiary education sector more broadly.
The incumbent will be comfortable with autonomy through a high degree of independent decision making, as well as collaborative decision making in consultation with others.
This role is part of a team critical to enabling research projects to proceed across a wide range of sectors and disciplines. It offers intellectual challenge and, over time, the satisfaction of seeing how your work has contributed to real advances for society, industry, and research.
An example of duties you may perform will include:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating (in consultation with the Senior Research Contracts Lawyer) a broad range of competitive and commercial research agreements, ensuring terms and conditions are compliant with University policies and identified requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Research Contracts Lawyer to provide advice to stakeholders and prepare recommendations to the University’s delegated authorities for contract signing.
- Participate in post award contract management, in particular, drafting variations and novations.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including industry, community, government agencies, and other universities.
- Review, update and maintain suite of contract and document templates in consultation with Senior Research Contracts Lawyer. Increase business capacity of VU Research stakeholders through contribution to research training programs, seminars, and website content.
- Salary sacrifice options
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Paid study leave
- On-site gym and fitness centre and more!
How to apply
For a position description and to submit an application, visit our website: https://fa-ercy-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1
Applications must include:
- A cover letter
- Your curriculum vitae/resume
- Your responses addressing all selection criteria located in the position description.
- Evidence of applicable qualifications, licences and registrations
For further information about the position, please contact Gina Georgiou, Senior Research Contracts Lawyer, by email at Gina.Georgiou1@vu.edu.au
Applications close 11:59 pm on 11th of April, 2023.