Research Fellow, Electron Transport
- NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- 24 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The laboratory of quantum electrton transport at the Institute of Functional Intelligent Materials is looking for a motivated researcher with experience in the field of van der Waals materials. A successful candidate will take part in the research dedicated to electron transport in novel van der Waals heterostructures, such as graphene and TMDC-based moire superlattices, 2D superconductors, etc. The work will involve the design and fabrication of devices based on van der Waals heterostructures and their characterisation under extreme conditions like low and high temperatures, and high electric and magnetic fields. A successful candidate also will take part in the research dedicated to the creation of 3D van der Waals heterostructures.
- PhD in condensed matter physics/nanoscience or any other relevant field
- Excellent nanofabrication skills and experience with van der Waals heterostructures assembling
- Solid understanding of the basics of condensed matter physics and good knowledge of the field of 2D materials
- Experience with cryogenic equipment and electron transport measurements is highly welcome
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Institute for Functional Intelligent Materials
Department : Research Groups
Job requisition ID : 18332