Head of the Department of Anatomy (m/f)
- MASARYK UNIVERSITY
- Brno, Czech Republic
- 24 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Department: Department of Anatomy – Faculty of Medicine
Deadline: 23 Apr 2023
Start date: upon agreement
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research | Education and schooling
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for the position of: Head of the Department of Anatomy
The Department of Anatomy is an educational and research department of Faculty of Medicine, which provides theoretical and practical teaching of anatomy for Czech and foreign students of General Medicine, Dentistry and Physiotherapy programmes and theoretical teaching for Bachelor programmes. Practical courses in clinical anatomy for physicians are organized at the Department of Anatomy. Research focuses on cellular and molecular reactions of the nervous system, medical anthropology and clinical anatomy.
The Department head will be responsible for the management of the Department, undergraduate medical education, doctoral studies, publishing and coordination of research conducted at the department. The Candidate for Department head will present his/her idea of fulfilling the above during the selection process.
Requirements for a declared position:
- completed university education in general medicine or equivalent of similar education from abroad;
- academic degree Ph.D. or scientific rank of CSc.;
- habilitation within the meaning of the Higher Education Act as amended;
- the scientific-pedagogical title of professor is an advantage;
- personal and professional prerequisites for managing the academic team of the department;
- teaching experience and readiness to guarantee the professional subjects taught in the workplace;
- significant publication history and active research;
- scientific reputation in the international field;
- personal and moral integrity;
- experience with a management position.
- fulfilment of prerequisites according to Act No. 451/1991 Coll. (the Lustration Act); Persons born after 1 December 1971 and foreign applicants do not have to prove.
- work in an inspiring intellectual environment with an emphasis on multidisciplinary collaboration;
- work in a top medical and educational workplace, and participate in teaching in a unique simulation centre;
- professional growth and continuing education;
- attractive salary conditions and employee benefits.
The application, accompanied by the following documents:
- structured CV,
- overview of scientific and publishing activities,
- contact details of two people to obtain references (name, position, telephone number),
- photocopies of evidence of qualifications (not required for internal applicants),
- Criminal record extract (max three months old),
- a certificate according to Act 451/1991 Coll. (the so-called Lustration Act; persons born after 1 December 1971 do not have to provide proof),
send it to the MU Faculty of Medicine Human Resources Department in electronic or paper form. For the electronic form, use the "Electronic Application" option below. For more information, please contact us at e-mail email@example.com.