Technical Officer, Chemistry
At Professional Officers Division (POD), we bring our rich industry experience and technical skills into our work, creating a better physical environment where learning and innovation take place. We work with teaching programmes and innovation projects to improve the skills of our students and strengthen our industry and the wider community. The Technical Officer supports laboratory operation and laboratory maintenance; ensuring laboratories are in conducive condition to conduct laboratory classes.
- Perform daily housekeeping and maintenance to ensure safety, cleanliness, and tidiness of laboratories.
- Provide support in preparation of materials and setting up of experiments for laboratory classes.
- Provide support in operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform procurement activities of common laboratory equipment, chemicals, and consumables.
- Track and maintain inventory of laboratory equipment, chemicals, and consumables.
- Track and manage laboratory waste.
- Track and maintain laboratory documentation (Equipment Manuals, Risk Assessments, Material Safety Data Sheets, Service Report and other Safety certificates).
- Ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratories.
- Preferably with at least 3 years of work experience in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering labs.
- Have a minimum Polytechnic Diploma in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in managing chemicals inventories.
- Have practical knowledge of safety and license requirements for the operation of the laboratory.