Assistant Professor, Physics
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 24 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 23 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Physical Sciences, Physics & Astronomy
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty position at an Assistant professor level - Associate Professor level will be considered for applicants with exceptional research profile. Specialty of applicant should be in the area of theoretical physics, preferably with experience in quantum physics or quantum information. Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels, a demonstrable strong research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research findings in refereed journals, and actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University. Candidates will be required to teach Physics courses at undergraduate and graduate levels. Candidates with teaching experience, publication track record in top-tier journals, experience in securing research grants, and student supervision will have an advantage. The candidate is also expected to participate in the department’s administrative services as well as community activities.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and need to arrange for two letters of recommendation to be emailed to the department chair.
The position will remain open until filled.
The successful candidate will enjoy a very competitive tax-free salary package, free accommodation, health insurance, children's education, relocation & furniture allowances, and annual airfare tickets.
Applicants should submit the complete required application materials online through https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be shortlisted.
The candidate must hold a PhD degree in the area of Theoretical Physics (preferably in quantum physics or quantum information). Teaching experience and a good number of Q1 publications as determined by the Scimago Journal Ranking system are preferable .
A successful application will include the following documents:
- Cover letter stating the capacity you are applying in, why you are applying for this job, and how you could complement the current Faculty's teaching and research capabilities.
- An updated CV showing (Biodata, academic qualifications, professional experience, work history, publications, conferences, thesis supervisions, research grants, scientific awards, h-index, Google Scholar citations etc.)
- A Research Statement describing the research program that will be developed and any special instrumentation that will be required (1-2 pages),
- Teaching statement.
PhD in theoretical condensed matter physics. Experience in Quantum Information.
Division College of Science - (COS)
Department Physics - (COS)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty