Assistant / Associate Professor in Transportation Engineering
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 01 May 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Civil Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering in the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) invites applications for a faculty position in the area of Transportation Engineering. Candidates must have earned a Ph.D. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Transportation Engineering. A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is also required. The position will be filled at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor depending on the qualifications and record of the successful candidate. The candidate is expected to establish a sustainable research program, make significant scholarly contributions to the discipline, be an effective teacher and mentor of both undergraduate and graduate students, and engage in institutional and professional service. The department is interested in hiring a highly motivated individual who can provide research contributions preferably in two or more of the following research areas: Urban transportation planning and modeling, traffic engineering operations and control, mass transit systems, transportation safety, intelligent transportation systems, transportation economics, and smart transportation.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to teaching courses of relevance to the above subjects at the undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. levels, as well as to assist in delivering basic engineering courses.
English is the language of instruction and communication in the College of Engineering.
The successful candidate is also expected to develop a funded interdisciplinary research program of international prominence that includes fundamental and applied research, publication in journals and high-quality conferences, and education of graduate students. Candidates must have demonstrated evidence of outstanding research accomplishments, teaching skills, and the ability to work effectively with other researchers.
The start date is Jan. 2023 or soon after.
For full consideration, applications should be received by [31 Oct. 2022].
- Teach undergraduate- and graduate-level courses and supervise capstone graduation projects in the area of Transportation Engineering.
- Attract externally funded research projects and conduct original research that leads to publications in top-ranked international journals.
- Contribute to advising and mentoring of undergraduate and postgraduate students including supervision of M.Sc. and Ph.D. students.
- Provide services to the community, society, and the university.
- Play an active role in promoting the growth of the College of Engineering at the United Arab Emirates University.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. Degree in Civil Engineering. The ability to teach undergraduate courses is a must. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
A Ph.D. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on Transportation Engineering from a reputable international University. A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is also required.
Assistant/Associate Professor in Transportation Engineering
- Demonstrated record of publications in leading international journals in the area of Transportation Engineering.
- Ability to develop independent research, secure research funds, and establish a strong network with industrial partners.
- Ability to teach a variety of undergraduate- and graduate-level courses and develop new courses or course components in the area of Transportation Engineering.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Visit (https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp) and submit: Cover letter; CV; Research and Teaching statements; Contact info of three references
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department Civil & Environmental Eng.-(COE)
Job Close Date 01-05-2023
Job Category Academic - Faculty