Senior Adviser (Academic Quality)
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
- Perth (Suburb), Western Australia (AU)
- Level 7 $92,679 – $102,830 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Planning
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
- Opportunity to engage with key University operations to improve quality of service delivery
- Full-time appointment on an ongoing basis
- Base salary range: Level 7 $92,679 – $102,830 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
The Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic) is a diverse office within the Education portfolio that contributes significantly to oversight and future directions of the University’s coursework degrees. The Office has overall responsibility for monitoring, reporting and facilitating academic quality and standards.
The Academic Quality Assurance and Standards (AQAS) team is part of the Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic). AQAS provides professional advise and expert support services to facilitate quality and compliance management activities against the TEQSA regulatory and legislative requirements. These are the:
- Tertiary Education Quality Standard Agency Act (2011);
- Education Services for Overseas Student Act (2000);
- Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2019;
- Education Services for Overseas Students (Registration Charges) Act 1997
- Education Services for Overseas Students (TPS Levies) Act 2012;
- Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2021;
- National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018;
- ELICOS Standards 2018; and
- National Standards for Foundation Programs.
AQAS administers UWA’s Quality and Compliance Management Framework and provides assurance to the University that quality standards and regulatory obligations are achieved. Key services include: (a) quality & compliance assurance, (b) advising on regulatory matters, (c) regulatory training and awareness, and (d) governance support & reporting
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under broad direction, provide strategic advice on academic standards and quality; quality assurance and regulatory compliance matters. You will contribute to The University’s quality assurance and compliance framework and conduct quality assurance / enhancement projects and compliance reviews including providing ad hoc advice and training and awareness sessions.
You have a collaborative and consultative approach to engage with operational areas at the University. As an analytical thinker you are also persuasive, practical and considered in the improvement and compliance advice and recommendations that you provide.
As a senior officer, you are able to propose new projects, lead projects and complete them in the agreed timeframes by effectively managing your time, prioritising and effectively managing stakeholder expectations.
You are able to work autonomously across multiple priorities with limited supervision while sharing information with your line manager and team members in a dynamic and busy environment.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated existing / current equivalent competency in compliance / quality management
- Knowledge and / or experience of higher education legislation and regulatory standards including their application and interpretation in complex environments
- Excellent high level consultation skills and liaison, effective internal and external stakeholder engagement, influencing and working with diverse groups and at various organisational levels and across a wide range of functional areas
- Substantial experience in supporting the institutional research and quality assurance reviews and/or enhancement projects with minimal supervision with the ability to meet competing deadlines
- Substantial experience in communicating complex regulatory requirements and their application to diverse stakeholders
- Ability to exercise judgement, maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive compliance matters
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Senior Adviser (Academic Quality) - 514094.pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Sunday 9th April 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Mr Wing Chung on (08) 6488 8125 or at email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for child 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.