- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Sydney, Australia
- $91,644 - $98,796 + 17% superannuation
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 09 Apr 2023
- Job Type
- Professional Services, Administrative
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time, fixed-term position for two years (with the possibility of extension)
- Exciting Project Officer opportunity working with inter-disciplinary researchers at the ARC Centre of Excellence for Children and Families over the Life Course
- Base Salary (HEO6) $91,644 - $98,796 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
This position is based in the School of Economics, in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Sydney in the research program on the cognitive science of disadvantage which encompasses a broad range of issues in neuroeconomics, behavioural economics and cognitive psychology including mental health, child health and development; education; sleep disorders; youths and risky behaviour.
The role works closely with senior academics, leading research projects and is responsible for providing general project management advice and operational support to project teams. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- coordinate all aspects of research grant administration for the University of Sydney Node of the Life Course Centre
- provide operational project management and administrative support to the Node Leader, Node staff and associated researchers
- coordinate and deliver engagement events and build relationships with stakeholders
- provide project financial support to Node Leader and Chief Investigators.
The School of Economics is inviting applications from experienced Project Officer's with strong, general project life cycle experience including, project documentation, project standards and methodologies, and technological literacy with relevant project management tools. The successful candidate will possess:
- planning and analysis skills together with the ability to work according to strict deadlines and coordinates with various demands
- effective management of a diverse group of key stakeholders on large or complex projects and the ability to develop/cultivate productive relationships with industry providers and key users
- numeracy skills together with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking and managing invoice payments and purchases for a project
- demonstrated high-level ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Closing date for applications
Sunday 09 April 2023 11:59 PM
How to apply
Please click here to apply https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE/job/Camperdown-Campus/Project-Officer_0100647-2
The University of Sydney
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 09 April 2023 11:59 PM