Research Assistant/Associate in the Division of Engineering Electrical Engineering, Dr. Mohamad Eid
- NEW YORK UNIVERSITY ABU DHABI
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Applied Interactive Multimedia laboratory in the Division of Engineering, New York University Abu Dhabi, seeks to recruit a motivated research assistant/research associate to work on developing interactive and immersive digital technologies such as mixed reality (XR) and haptic technologies.
The successful applicant will have the following technical experience in:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Significant experience in developing Extended Reality (XR) technologies. This includes Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), and Mixed Reality (MR), and Haptics.
- Extensive experience in Unity 3D game engine (more than 3 years of experience) and C# programming language.
- Basic knowledge of 3D software e.g. 3DS Max, Blender, Maya and motion tracking.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of machine learning.
- Proficiency in English.
For consideration, applicants need to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae with full publication list, statement of research interests and two letters of reference, all in PDF format. If you have any questions, please email Prof. Mohamad Eid at email@example.com
The terms of employment are very competitive and include housing and educational subsidies for children. Applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered until the position is filled.
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university with a fully integrated liberal arts and science undergraduate program in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU New York, and NYU Shanghai, form the backbone of NYU’s global network university, an interconnected network of portal campuses and academic centers across six continents that enable seamless international mobility of students and faculty in their pursuit of academic and scholarly activity. This global university represents a transformative shift in higher education, one in which the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and examined through an international and multicultural perspective. As a major intellectual hub at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYUAD serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation, and sharing, through its academic, research, and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.