Postdoctoral Research Fellow, School of Engineering
- SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- Hawthorn, Australia
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Engineering & Technology, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Research Fellowships, Postdocs
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Postdoc researcher role within Swinburne University
- Full time, 12-month fixed term position at our Hawthorn campus
- Academic Level A salary + 17% superannuation
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to participate in a state government Sustainability Victoria supported project.
Based within the Department of Mechanical and Product Design Engineering, the focus of this project is to develop technologies to use ground tyre rubbers (GTR) in manufacturing EVA-based road safety roller barriers, to explore the formulation of EVA/GTR compounds, and to fabricate EVA/GTR safety roller prototypes.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability of building relationships with collaborators and working in interdisciplinary teams. The position also involves reporting research results, by preparing reports and presentations, and authoring research publications in leading international journals.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Demonstrated experience in material characterisation using optical microscope and scanning electron microscope
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical testing
- Demonstrated experience in industry-related research
- Experience in modelling (CAD) and computer simulation (FEA)
- Demonstrated experience in publishing high quality papers in top-ranked journals
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in Materials Science/Engineering, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automotive or Mechanics, or a similar discipline.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Close: Thursday 20th April 2023, 5 pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
For any support please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au or for more information on our Indigenous strategies please follow the link to our RAP Reconciliation Action Plan
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant