Professor, Peter Faber Business School
- AUSTRALIAN CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY
- North Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane, Australia
- Total remuneration valued to $236,666
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 20 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Professors / Chairs
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Full time continuing Level E opportunity building the capacity of staff for teaching innovative pedagogies in undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the Peter Faber Business School.
- 17% employer superannuation, salary packaging, ACU Advantage Staff Rewards Program and generous leave provisions.
- Join a university ranked internationally in the top 2% for research excellence.
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses - Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
About the role:
As the Professor, reporting to the National Head of the Business School and working in close collaboration with the Faculty Executive Dean and other academic and professional staff across the university, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the school's research, teaching and engagement profiles and will undertake relevant leadership (including mentoring) and service and administrative duties. Producing high impact research and research leadership, including attracting HDR students and externally competitive grants, you will play a critical role in advancing learning and teaching excellence including teaching as an example of best practice. Leveraging from industry, government and other relevant external stakeholders, you will grow strategic networks, which will benefit the Business School and the Faculty of Law and Business more broadly.
For confidential inquiries about the role, please contact Professor Andrew O'Neil, Executive Dean of Law and Business: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer:
- The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
- Total remuneration valued to $236,666 - $236,666 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $200,923 - $200,923 (pro rata) pa (Academic Level E Increment 1), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
- 17% employer superannuation contributions to eligible continuing and fixed-term staff.
- Annual leave loading of an equivalent to 17.5% of four weeks' salary pro rata payable, dependent on your commencement date.
- As an ACU staff member, you will have access to generous benefits which include but not limited to: Staff Rewards; a variety of leave provisions and salary packaging. Find out more information about the benefits or working at ACU here.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Review the Position Description and become familiar with Our Mission and the Application process
Step 2: Click the 'View Position Description and Apply' button, and populate your candidate application details, including your:
- resume (maximum 5 pages).
- responses to the Selection Criteria and Core Competencies in a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) or in the online Declaration and Criteria application page.
- brief online responses to any pre-screening employment questions.
Candidates must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position. For permanent/ continuing roles, applicants must have permanent work rights. For further information visit Immigration and Citizenship(homeaffairs.gov.au)
Acting in truth, ACU is dedicated to the dignity of the human person through equitable and respectful opportunities for everyone. ACU can offer support for candidates that may require adjustments through the recruitment process.
Your Privacy of personal information is maintained in accordance with ACU policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications close: 20-APR-2023 at 11:59 pm AUS Eastern Standard Time
ACU does not accept candidate applications submitted by external recruitment agencies through the ACU careers website.