Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Medical Sciences, Education Focused
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Camperdown, Australia
- $113,184 (Level B) - $138,645 (Level C) pro-rata + 17% superannuation
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 10 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health, Medicine & Dentistry, Social Sciences, Education
- Job Type
- Academic Posts, Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors, Lecturers / Assistant Professors
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Part time (from 0.5) or full time, fixed term until December 2026
- Great education focused opportunity to contribute to our teaching portfolio
- Base Salary from $113,184 (Level B) - $138,645 (Level C) pro-rata + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School of Medical Sciences is recognised as one of the leading centres for medical science education in the world. With over 100 years of excellence in education, the school teaches into a broad range of courses including, medical science, applied science, nursing, physiotherapy, medicine and dentistry. Our team of researchers lead key internationally competitive research from molecules to medicines, from patient to policy across a range of therapeutic areas.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer in Medical Sciences (Education-focused).
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- coordinate and engage in high-quality teaching and learning experiences which meet the University's expectations and standards for education
- play a leadership role in educational innovation, curriculum design and review
- coordinate and develop curricula and programs within the School/Faculty
- make independent, original and innovative contributions to research and education which expand knowledge or practice in the teaching
- develop, trial and evaluate innovative practices in teaching and learning with a view to improving educational outcomes
- develop pedagogical or curriculum innovation relating to medical sciences
- have a PhD in an academic field relevant to medical sciences
- demonstrated capacity to lead educational activities to successful outcomes
- acknowledged at a national level as influential in expanding knowledge within medical sciences and/or in pedagogical or curriculum innovation
- have an understanding of and ability to support an academic endeavour from curriculum design to producing leading research and providing a student enabling environment
- demonstrated success in supporting the academic endeavor from curriculum design to engaging in research/
- experience in supervising others and/or coordinating team activities.
In addition to the above, to be considered for a Senior Lecturer in Medical Sciences (Level C) you will need to demonstrate:
- have a deep and broad experience in teaching and learning, as evidenced by participation in team teaching within an established program and experience in teaching in a variety of settings
- demonstrated excellence in research or scholarly activities relevant to educational design and practice
- have an established network of relationships with key academic, consumer/advocacy, industry and/or professional institutions, partners and stakeholders that can be leveraged to enhance the standing of the discipline, School/ Faculty and University
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cherie Goodwin at email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 10 April 2023 11:59 PM