Executive/ Senior Executive
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This is an administrative position for a Social Work Practicum Coordinator in the S R Nathan School of Human Development (NSHD), to support the undergraduate and postgraduate Social Work degree programmes in SUSS.
The main purpose of the job is to ensure that the students are able to start and end their practicum as scheduled and that practicum issues that might affect the smooth flow of the practicum are addressed effectively and efficiently. He/ She will work closely with the Social Work Field Education Coordinator and the Heads of Programme for Bachelor of Social Work (BSWK) and Master of Social Work (MSWK) as well as to work closely with key stakeholders (e.g., field supervisors, field liaison instructors, and other colleagues in SUSS etc) to do the social work practicum administration and organise programme-based.
- Source for practicum sites and Field Supervisors (FSs) for students under the guidance of the Social Work Field Education Coordinator
- Identify potential sites and liaise with them for practicum places and FSs
- Match students with the sites and FSs
- Match students with Field Liaison Instructors (FLIs).
- Recruit and sustain a pool of External Field Supervisors (EFSs); For sites without qualified FSs, match students with the EFSs
- For FSs, to facilitate the registration process; and ensure deployment of all FSs assigned to students, and payment to the FS\practicum site
- Provide support for students, FSs and FLIs before, during and after each practicum; and track the students' progress and completion.
- Perform administrative duties such as:
- Manage the registration of students for practicum
- Arrange and conduct briefing sessions for students and FSs
- Attend to inquiries from students, practicum site, FSs to reply
- Establish and maintain proper records for the entire practicum process
- Collate the feedbacks from students, FSs and FLIs
- Establish and maintain sustainable work processes for continual improvement.
- Performing ad-hoc duties and tasks as assigned by the School (e.g., Orientation, Open House etc)
- Degree in any discipline with at least 3 years’ working experiences
- Familiar with the social service sectors
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Application (Intermediate of Advanced Excel skills would help)
- Technologically competent
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work independently