Senior Lecturer, Teaching and Learning Centre
- SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 22 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
The Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC) promotes excellence in teaching and learning through the design and implementation of innovative pedagogies; facilitation of faculty development and training; scholarship of teaching and learning; and provides academic support for students whilst developing lifelong learning attributes in our graduates.
TLC is currently inviting applicants for a continuing position at the Senior/Lecturer level. This position will initially be offered on a three-year contract.
This position will be critical to the conceptualisation, development and implementation of innovative academic support approaches and resources for adult learners in the university. To advance the quality of learning within the university, you will develop/teach/convene academic support courses suited for adult learners. You will also undertake the responsibility to review and evaluate current academic support courses and initiatives, make and follow through recommendations that contribute to effective student learning. You will also deliver multi-mode communications to various stakeholders, and contribute to the research strengths of academic support in higher education through publications and securing research grants.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Qualifications in education, learning science and/or cognitive science
- Experience relevant to academic support and learning-to-learn for students in higher education. Engagement with adult learners and interdisciplinary learning are desirable.
- Experience working with schools, faculty and industry as research partners in developing innovative academic support approaches and resources.
- Demonstrable evidence of a strong commitment to supporting student learning.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality teaching (in-campus and online modes) and course development of academic support units within higher education.
- Proven ability to pursue an ambitious and cognate research programme and experience in securing research grants.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as an analytical mind.
- A collaborative and collegial approach to work.