Senior Lecturer, Clinical Forensic Psychology
- Senior Lecturer role within Swinburne University
- Part time (0.4), ongoing position at our Hawthorn campus
- Academic Level C salary + 17% superannuation
About the Role
The Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science at Swinburne University of Technology is looking for a Senior Lecturer, Forensic Psychology to join their department.
The Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science (CFBS) is Australasia’s leading centre for excellence in the areas of forensic mental health and forensic behavioural science research, teaching and practice development. The Senior Lecturer, Forensic Psychology will be expected to prepare and deliver lectures, tutorials, and workshops to assess student’s performance. Contributing to the initiation and development of academic programs will also be an essential part of this role for the successful candidate, along with mentoring and counselling students on academic matters.
The Senior Lecturer, Forensic Psychology will also be expected to fully participate in the Centre for Forensic Behavioural Science (CFBS), to teach postgraduate students in Forensic Psychology and Forensic Behavioural Science, and to assist in the development of teaching initiatives within the CFBS.
To be suitable for this role you will need to have experience in the below key accountabilities:
- Training and practical experience as a clinical/forensic psychologist and eligibility for endorsement as a clinical and/or forensic psychologist
- Experience and expertise in tertiary teaching that may include a record of co-ordination and curriculum development
- A demonstrated ability to teach courses in forensic mental health, correctional psychology, or forensic behavioural science is highly desirable
- Demonstrated high standard of interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment
- A doctoral qualification Psychology
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne Horizon 2025 draws upon our understanding of future challenges. With this new strategic plan, we choose to build Swinburne as the prototype of a new and different university – one that is truly of Technology, of Innovation and of Entrepreneurship, and proud of it. We are committed to a differentiated university proposition in education and research, so that:
- Every Swinburne learner gets a work experience
- Every Swinburne graduate gets a job
- Every Swinburne partner gets a tech solution
- Swinburne is the prototype of global best practice
The achievement of our 2025 moon shots depends on our capacity to work collectively, always, as One Swinburne.
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing your suitability for this position.
To review the Position Description and to apply, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.
If you are viewing this advert from an external site, please click ‘apply’ and you will be redirected to Swinburne’s Jobs website to access the Position Description at the bottom of the page.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Swinburne Talent Acquisition Team on email@example.com
Applications Close: Thursday 6th April 2023, 5 pm
Swinburne offers flexible working options, leave and parenting/carer policies to support work life balance.
Equity and Diversity
Swinburne is a large and culturally diverse organisation and we are proud of our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion through key initiatives. For further information on all our initiatives visit our Equity & Diversity website.
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant