Venues and Events Officer
- UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Darlington, Australia
- $79,717 plus 17% Superannuation
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 04 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Business & Economics, Business & Management
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Full time fixed term position for 12 months
- Great opportunity to join the University's Venues team
- Base salary of $79,717 plus 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
The Client Services Officer (Venues) is responsible for the effective and efficient coordination and delivery of event and venue management services to University internal and external clients. The candidate will manage requests for spaces across the University for a range of event type including large conferences, meetings, filming's, and signature University events.
The key responsibilities will be to:
- working closely with your team in a high-volume operation
- triage, assess and process venues or event space requests for bookings from University internal and external clients
- ability to prioritize workload and time management daily
- in conjunction with the client and local stakeholders, manage the event application process assessing suitability, risk, and the application of relevant support services
- the primary liaison points for space bookings
- process invoices and internal financial transactions, end to end
- project work for business continuity and improvement
- extensive experience in a customer service, administrative or project environment
- knowledge or experience in event or venue management
- vibrant and energetic with the ability to adapt to evolving situations frequently
- advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office, and various databases and system use
- ability to work as part of a team and independently.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations on 8627 9901 or by email to Sajad.Bahram@sydney.edu.au
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 04 April 2023 11:59 PM