Associate Lecturer / Lecturer in Early Childhood
- AUSTRALIAN CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY
- Sydney / Brisbane / Melbourne, Australia
- Total remuneration valued to $88,818 to $153,147
- 23 Mar 2023
- End of advertisement period
- 17 Apr 2023
- Academic Discipline
- Social Sciences, Education
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
- Two exciting opportunities available to be involved in the delivery of the innovative Accelerated Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- 2 x Associate Lecturers/Lecturers in Early Childhood Education
- 2 x Full-time fixed term for 12 months
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses - Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield, Blacktown and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
About the role:
As the Associate Lecturer or Lecturer in Early Childhood Education will be accountable for high quality and innovative teaching and learning practices through the delivery and/or development of lectures, tutorials and other classes within the discipline of Early Childhood Education at undergraduate, honours, graduate and/or postgraduate levels. You will have the opportunity to contribute and provide excellence and innovation in curriculum, content design, and/or enhancement of supportive, inclusive and effective learning environments, which includes the practical application of effective support to students. You will coordinate and lead activities, and/or work with the guidance of more senior academic staff, to provide independent and collaborative contributions towards the University's Strategic Plan.
More specifically the role entails:
- Online delivery of lectures and tutorials in the Accelerated Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Birth to five Years) Course
- Utilising Virtual Reality (VR) immersive technology to provide students with an innovative learning experience that blends contemporary pedagogies with realistic, highly contextualised and immersive experience.
- Collaborating with a dynamic national team of early childhood educators and experts
- Contributing to moderation, design and execution of assessment asks aligned with expected learning outcomes
- Supporting students through timely formal and informal consultation and feedback opportunities
General enquiries can be sent to May Ortiz, National Manager - National School of Education at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer:
- The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
- Total remuneration valued to $88,818 - $120,100 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $75,053 - $101,486 (pro rata) pa (Academic Level A), or total remuneration valued to $129,839 - $153,147 total rem (pro rata) pa, including salary component $109,716 - $129,539 (pro rata) pa (Academic Level B) employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading. The level of appointment will be determined based on the level of experience, skills and capability of the successful candidate.
- 17% employer superannuation contributions to eligible continuing and fixed-term staff.
- Annual leave loading of an equivalent to 17.5% of four weeks' salary pro rata payable, dependent on your commencement date.
- As an ACU staff member, you will have access to generous benefits which include but not limited to: Staff Rewards; a variety of leave provisions and salary packaging. Find out more information about the benefits or working at ACU here.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Review the Position Description and become familiar with Our Mission and the Application process
Step 2: Click the 'View Position Description and Apply' button, and populate your candidate application details, including your:
- resume (maximum 5 pages).
- responses to the Selection Criteria and Core Competencies in a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) or in the online Declaration and Criteria application page.
- brief online responses to any pre-screening employment questions.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) and/or Working with Vulnerable People Check (WWVP) (ACT only).
Candidates must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position. For permanent/ continuing roles, applicants must have permanent work rights. For further information visit Immigration and Citizenship(homeaffairs.gov.au)
Acting in truth, ACU is dedicated to the dignity of the human person through equitable and respectful opportunities for everyone. ACU can offer support for candidates that may require adjustments through the recruitment process.
Your Privacy of personal information is maintained in accordance with ACU policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
Applications close: 17-APR-2023 at 11:59 pm AUS Eastern Standard Time
ACU does not accept candidate applications submitted by external recruitment agencies through the ACU careers website.